Sunday, September 30, 2012

"Who Has Touched the Sky" Pilot Training Video

This video is for anyone who loves flying.  But if you are one of the thousands who went through Air Force pilot training over the last five decades, this will take you back.  From PT and the T-41 to the Link trainer, the T-37 and T-38, this seven minute video filmed at Laredo AFB in 1972 documents the entire program.  It culminates with a breathtaking T-38 training flight, formation and single ship, with the song, "Who Has Touched the Sky" in the background.  I obtained a 35mm film of this movie after I graduated from pilot training in 1976 and played it until it fell apart.  I have been looking for it in video for 35 years.  I guarantee this will leave you inspired!

2 comments:

Ralph M. said...

Great video Ralph.

Lance said...

I felt like I was watching a summary of my life - but then again, I should have because I was. Haven't seen this since it was on an "Air Force Now" film, probably during UPT in 1976.

I loved it. Thanks.

Lance Grace
75 Best Alive