Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ralph's Site Reaches Milestone

Today, my blog reached a milestone.  It received it's 10,000th hit.  I know that by blog standards this is no big deal.  Many blogs get 10,000 hits and more in one day.  But, to me, this is a great achievement.  You see, I started my blog on December 6th, 2006, just over three years ago.  I created it, at that time, to host a virtual tour of my late mother's home which I was trying to sell after her death.  As often happens, out of bad comes good.  I sold my mother's home and was left with this blog I had created.  What should I do with it?  Should I just delete it?

I decided to use it as a personal site where I would publish articles and thoughts of interest to me.  I had no objective or goal other than it be an outlet for me.  I began to e-mail my friends when I created new posts and found many enjoyed reading them.  I, then, posted a link on my Air Force Academy alumni website where some of my colleagues began to read my articles.  It became a great source of satisfaction to me that others were interested in my ideas, humor and entertainment.

So, you see, to me this is a surprise and thrilling achievement.  Thank you for tuning into my humble blog these last three years.  I hope you continue to find my articles, humor and ramblings a source of entertainment and interest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ralph! Claudia and I enjoy visiting the site envery once in awhile just to see what is going through your head. Greg

Helen said...

Congratulations! I have enjoyed reading your articles and look forward to many more to come!! Helen

Anonymous said...

Thanks to all for the kind words, both here and by e-mail.

Marlinda Lowe said...

Congrats.... I like coming here and viewing just to see what you have put up.. Keep keeeping us informed.. Have a GREAT day!!! =)