Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veterans Day Tribute 2009

This morning I rode my Harley to the Florida National Cemetery for the Annual Veterans Day Ceremony. A little girl approached me with her brother in tow and gave me a certificate of thanks that she made in school. It said, "Dear Veteran, I love you. Thank you for not killing nobody." Out of the mouths of babes! Still, it was very touching.

The experience left me thinking about all who served since the birth of our country. She and her brother are the reason we served: to keep them safe! At this moment thousands of brave Americans are far from their homes and families defending us, our country and our way of life. Millions throughout our history put their lives on the line to defend us. Many made the ultimate sacrifice. On this Veterans Day I would like to extend my warmest regards to my military colleagues and all who served.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your day ended up to be wonderful with a special tribute from these kind children. The children are our future and thanks to you and others who served we can all be proud. The tribute was very patriotic and touching. It helped me remember the sacrifices servicemen/women made for our country.